Ondo: I didn’t call for Workers’ Retrenchment —Ifedore LG Boss, Oladimeji 

Ondo: I didn’t call for Workers’ Retrenchment —Ifedore LG Boss, Oladimeji 

By: Oluwatosin Adesola …..I was misquoted. Sequel to a media where allegedly claimed that only 30% local government workers are coming to work in Ondo state, the Executive Chairman of Ifedore local government, Engr Alex Oladimeji has declared that he was misquoted over his comment on the workforce. Oladimeji who spoke with newsmen on telephone, insisted that he did not call for the Retrenchment of workers as he had family members and friends who are…

Read More

Ifedore LG Chairman’s outburst: Plot to retrench Workers —Ondo NLC

Ifedore LG Chairman’s outburst: Plot to retrench Workers —Ondo NLC

NLC REJECTS GRAND PLAN BY ALGON TO MASTERMIND RETRENCHMENT OF WORKERS The Nigeria Labour Congress, Ondo State Council received the news of the obnoxious and highly vexatious interview granted by the Hon. (Engr.) Alex Oladimeji, Executive Chairman, Ifedore Local Government on a live telecast in OSRC today 5th March, 2021. The Congress looked and saw beyond Oladimeji speaking but, a case of ‘Esau’s voice coming from the body of Jacob’. The deliberate and unprovoked outburst…

Read More

70% Absenteeism: Ondo NULGE lambasts Ifedore LG Chairman Oladimeji

70% Absenteeism: Ondo NULGE lambasts Ifedore LG Chairman Oladimeji

By: Ade Adeleke The Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees, (NULGE) has lambasted the Executive Chairman of Ifedore local government, Hon Alex Oladimeji for alleging that only 30% of council workers in the state usually come to work while the remaining 70% are absentees. In a press statement signed by Comrade Adejala Olasehlnde, Chairman, Congress of NULGE Branch Chairmen in Ondo State; Comrade Oluwatuyi Olasoji, NULGE Branch Chairman in Akure South Branch alnd Comrade Afuye…

Read More

Ondo Govt pays Nov, Dec salaries today

Ondo Govt pays Nov, Dec salaries today

The Ondo state government has agreed with the organised labour to pay 50% balance of November 2020 and 30% out of the December 2020 salaries of workers in the state. SUNSHINETRUTH gathered that the salaries would be paid today. Below is the full details of the labour/govt agreement reached today. SALARY MATTERS AFFECTING: THE FINAL CONCLUSION. Government and Labour reconvened today 5th March, 2021 as early as 8am on the invitation of the Head of…

Read More

Breaking: 70% of Ondo Local Govt Workers don’t come to office —Council Boss

Breaking: 70% of Ondo Local Govt Workers don’t come to office —Council Boss

By: Oluwatosin Adesola Only 30% of the local government workers in Ondo state usually come to work while 70% of them are absent from their duty posts; SUNSHINETRUTH can report. This was the declaration of the Executive Chairman of Ifedore local government, Engr Alex Oladimeji, while featuring on a State Television (OSRC) programme this morning in Akure, the state capital. Oladimeji said, “You know I will say it the way I see things, I will…

Read More

Akeredolu orders compulsory recitation of Oodua Anthem in Schools

Akeredolu orders compulsory recitation of Oodua Anthem in Schools

By: Oluwatosin Adesola The Ondo State Government has made it compulsory for all pupils and students in the state to recite the Oodua Anthem in their schools. SUNSHINETRUTH also that gathered that the anthem must also be recited in all government’s public functions. The order reportedly affects all the private and public institutions from primary to tertiary level in the state. This was contained in a circular sent to all stakeholders from the state Ministry…

Read More

Tension as Three Trucks loaded with Herdsmen storm Ondo from the North

Tension as Three Trucks loaded with Herdsmen storm Ondo from the North

By: Oluwatosin Adesola There is a palpable tension and anxiety at the border town of Ajowa in Akoko northwest local government of Ondo where a 40 year old farmer Dayo, a brother to Governor Akeredolu’s former aide Gani Mohammed-Ajowa, was brutally macheted to death by killer herders who destroyed his farm crops. SUNSHINETRUTH learnt that the fear and anxiety in the area came up as a result of three trucks loaded with strange herdsmen from…

Read More

Coronavirus kills 12 as Ondo records 83 new cases

Coronavirus kills 12 as Ondo records 83 new cases

By: Oluwatosin Adesola A worrisome figure was released for Ondo state in the last 48hours as the state recorded 83 confirmed cases of Coronavirus pandemic. SUNSHINETRUTH gathered that after weeks of respite, COVID-19 cases in Nigeria rose again yesterday with Adamawa State having the highest figures among states. Figures released by the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, NCDC on it verifiedtwitterhandle, showed that 709 new cases were reported yesterday with 12 deaths. Adamawa State topped…

Read More