- Night Massacre! How Security men opened fire on groaning youths in Lagos
- #EndSars: Akeredolu imposes 24hours curfew
- #EndSars: Akeredolu's timely setting up of Judicial Panel laudable —Ajipe
- Talk now, Nigeria sits on a time bomb —NUJ tells Buhari
- Keep faith with your promises —Ondo NLC, TUC, JNC congratulate Akeredolu
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
After 24hours of media report of the environmental hazards attached, the Ondo state government this afternoon started evacuating waste that littered the streets of Akure the state capital.
Residents had raised the alarm of the looming cholera and other environmental epidemic in Akure and other major towns in the State, as waste collectors refused to work in the last one week.
SUNSHINETRUTH correspondent who moved round Akure few minutes ago on Sunday, observed that unpacked waste had been evacuated on the popular oba Adesida/Oyemekun and Arakale/NEPA areas.
It was not cleared as at the press time if the striking waste workers have suspended their strike or the state government just made temporary arrangement to clean up the street of the capital city.
Further details shortly…..