- Ondo 2020: Our plan on election sensitive materials —INEC Chair
- Ondo 2020: IPC, IMS, Experts warn media orgs on election conflict
- Ondo 2020: I didn't write Akeredolu over Jegede —Mimiko
- Ondo Guber poll: Court grants lawyer's request over Agboola's eligibility
- "No govt's patronage for Ondo artisans since Mimiko left office, we need Agboola"
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has paid a condolence visit to the family of the late Owa-Ale of Ikare Akoko, Oba Kolapo Adegbite Adedoyin, saying he will not forget in hurry the positive roles played by the late monarch to his political career.
“We have started a twin-road in Ikare and we shall finish everything we started in honour of Owa Ale, and for the good people of this town. I also plead with you, in honour of our revered leader, to disregard deceitful politicians trying to pitch Akoko people against Owo people because we are one. Owo and Akoko maintains an intimate relationship,” the governor declared.
Responding, the Asojuoba of Ikare Akoko, chief Olabisi Babajide thanked the governor for the visit and promised that residents would not let the governor down especially towards his aspirations for a second term in office.
Facing Akeredolu eye-to-eye, Chief Babajide said “We will vote massively for you because during Owa-Ale’s lifetime, he urged us to throw our weight behind you. We will support you to the end and we will never forget the legacy projects you have executed in our land”
Culled: FRCN Positive 102.5 FM