- Ondo 2020: Our plan on election sensitive materials —INEC Chair
- Ondo 2020: IPC, IMS, Experts warn media orgs on election conflict
- Ondo 2020: I didn't write Akeredolu over Jegede —Mimiko
- Ondo Guber poll: Court grants lawyer's request over Agboola's eligibility
- "No govt's patronage for Ondo artisans since Mimiko left office, we need Agboola"
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
Adoption of final written addresses by Counsels in ongoing trial of the founder of sotitobire Miracle centre, Akure Prophet Babatunde Alfa and six other church members slated for today (monday) at the ondo state high court has been postponed till Thursday this week.
The prophet and others are standing trial for the alleged missing of a boy, Gold Kolawole who disappeared at the church in November, 2019.
Justice Olusegun Odusola gave the ruling after lead state counsel and director of public prosecution, Grace Olowoporoku moved a motion for adjournment of filing reply to the written addresses of the defence.
She attributed her prayers to the late filing of written address by the lead prosecution, olusola oke.
Olowoporoku also said while the state’s address is ready for adoption, the authorised official to append seal and signature is currently out of town and pleaded for an extension of time.
While Mr oke did not object to the prosecution’s motion for adjournment, other defence counsel, Akinyemi Omoware frowned at the move but later agreed to her prayers.
Justice odusola then directed the prosecution to file necessary replies by Wednesday and adjourned the adoption of written addresses by all parties till Thursday.
Earlier, Mr Oke had filed a motion for extension of time to file his written address which was not opposed to by the state.