- Ondo 2020: Our plan on election sensitive materials —INEC Chair
- Ondo 2020: IPC, IMS, Experts warn media orgs on election conflict
- Ondo 2020: I didn't write Akeredolu over Jegede —Mimiko
- Ondo Guber poll: Court grants lawyer's request over Agboola's eligibility
- "No govt's patronage for Ondo artisans since Mimiko left office, we need Agboola"
Immediate past Ekiti Governor Ayo Fayose, People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Governorship candidate in Osun State 2018 election, Senator Ademola Adeleke and other notable PDP leaders in the Southwest zone such Hon Adebutu were conspicuously absent at the flag off of the party’s campaign in Akure, Ondo State on Saturday.
The rally was meant to sell the candidacy of Mr Eyitayo Jegede SAN ahead of Ondo state governorship election slated for October 10.
It was gathered that Fayose and others were not carried along in the runnings of the campaign by Governor Seyi Makinde, which accounted for their absence.
Fayose and Makinde have been at loggerheads over the internal wrangling in the southwest chapter of the PDP.
The Governor was said to have single-handedly constituted the campaign council, placing Fayose as member of the Mobilisation Sub-Committee.
Apart from Sokoto Governor, Aminu Tambuwal and Makinde, other PDP governors including Governor Nymson Wike of Rivers state stayed away from the campaign.