- CONYSA, OYC, Ondo, Akoko youths blast Presidency, laud Akeredolu
- Why Buhari's Presidency backs 'devilish' herders against Akeredolu —Ondo PDP official
- Our quit order on unregistered Herders sacrosanct —Ondo Govt tells Presidency
- Why herdsmen must obey Akeredolu’s quit order —Afenifere, Ondo Monarch insist
- Presidency threatens Akeredolu over order to herdsmen to vacate Ondo forests
SDP FAULTS INAUGURATION OF UNELECTED COUNCILORS
Ondo State chapter of the Social Democratic Party ( SDP) has faulted the inauguration of unelected councilors by the chairmen of the affected Local Government Areas at the expense of the duly and popularly elected candidates of SDP.
This act is totally alien to the spirit and letters of Nigerian constitution and it is also a crude rape of Nigerian democracy. We make bold to declare that the act of inaugurating unelected candidates at the expense of duly elected ones is the worst act of democratic sabotage in the history of Ondo State.
We hereby call on the Chairman of Ondo State Independence Electoral Commission, Prof. Yomi Dinakin to justify the independence of his commission by rising above sheer partisan leaning and issue Certificate of Returns to all the candidates of SDP that were duly and popularly elected by the electorates.
We also enjoin the Governor of Ondo State, Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu to show leadership by ensuring that all the elected candidates of SDP are officially declared and inaugurated in line with his initial position.
It should be emphasized that local government remains the closest to the grassroots people and any attempt to deny their willingly elected candidates of victory will only short-change the electorates and make a complete mockery of the entire council election in Ondo State.
Dr Shola Agboola
State Secretary of Ondo State SDP
2nd September, 2020