- 2nd Term: I'll execute Iconic projects —Akeredolu
- Kidnapper shot dead in Ondo, as Hunters rescue 7 abducted travellers
- Ondo Pensioners elect Osunyemi as new Chairman, 11 other Excos
- Fire razes Federal Health Centre in Ondo, Residents blame Govt
- Ondo SWAN sets for FA election Debate, congratulates Aketi/Aiyedatiwa
The Ekiti State House of Assembly today directed the Chairman of Ikere Local Government, Mr. Femi Ayodele to step aside for investigation on an alleged disregard for extant regulations.
This followed allegation that Mr Ayodele was responsible for circulating Governor Kayode Fayemi’s campaign posters for the 2023 presidential election on line.
The campaign posters was designed with the logo of the All Progressives Congress and picture of Governor Fayemi.
The Chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Mrs Yemisi Ayokunle said the decision of the house became necessay in order to allow for thorough investigation into the alleged publication in the media, which she claimed was a disregard for extant regulations.
Mrs Ayokunle maintained that the House had committed the matter to its Committee on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs for investigation.
The council chairman is expected to appear before the committee which has seven days to submit its report. Culled: Radio Nigeria