- CONYSA, OYC, Ondo, Akoko youths blast Presidency, laud Akeredolu
- Why Buhari's Presidency backs 'devilish' herders against Akeredolu —Ondo PDP official
- Our quit order on unregistered Herders sacrosanct —Ondo Govt tells Presidency
- Why herdsmen must obey Akeredolu’s quit order —Afenifere, Ondo Monarch insist
- Presidency threatens Akeredolu over order to herdsmen to vacate Ondo forests
OMO LAMURUDU CELEBRATES IYA OLUMO 136 BIRTHDAY
Chief Mrs Sinatu Aduke Sanni popularly known as Iya Olumo( mother goddess of the rock) and the oldest woman in Ogun state turn 136 years today, 15th August, 2020.
She was given a surprise birthday package by Omo Lamurudu Media at her residence in Abeokuta Ogun state
“Iya Orisa Olumo” literally means “Mother of goddess of the rock” was born a long time ago in the late 19th century, 1884.
Iya Olumo is in charge of Olumo Rock Shrine where sacrifices are made to appeal to the gods of the rock.
She has lived her entire life under the famous Olumo Rock, which is one of the major tourist attractions in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria.
On the record, she has also witnessed the coronation of six Alake of Egbaland.
The Obas include…
i. Oba Osokalu (Sept. 18, 1891 to June 11, 1898)
ii. Oba Gbadebo I (Aug. 8, 1898 to May 8, 1920)
iii. Oba Ladapo Ademola II (July 10, 1920 to Dec. 27, 1962)
iv. Oba Adesina Gbadebo II (Aug. 12, 1963 to Oct. 26, 1971)
v. Oba Oyebade Lipede (Aug. 5, 1972 to Feb. 3, 2005)
vi. Oba Adedotun Gbadebo III (Aug. 2, 2005 till date)
Continue to live, Iya Olumo!