- Breaking: Another Accident claims many lives near AAUA
- Quit Notice to herders: Why we are on Akeredolu’s side —APC
- Sunday Igboho vs Fulani: Yoruba'll not run for war —Afenifere replies Arewa
- JABU VC justifies honouring Hon Tunji-Ojo with Doctorate Degree
- Breaking: Four kidnappers shot dead in Ondo after attacking Soldiers
Ondo Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has replied a statement credited to his predecessor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, saying he cannot market what he termed a treacherous product ahead of the October 10 governorship election.
Mimiko is National leader of the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP), which has picked Deputy Governor Hon Agboola Ajayi as candidate for the gubernatorial race.
Akeredolu, who spoke through his Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo, was reacting to comments by Mimiko that he is not a progressive Governor.
Mimiko reminded the governor that the ZLP was made up of well-studded politicians and not hypocrites.
However, According to Akeredolu who spoke through Ojogo, “We do not consider what the former Governor said as needful of any response. He must say something to calm down and indeed calm the nervousness of his unsuspecting victims.
“We can only sympathise with him because he has come out to remind the people of Ondo State and as well reactivate their consciousness of his almost forgotten past.
“No one without any treacherous content can market a treacherous product.” Roving Reporters.