- Tayo Adegoke: Entrepreneur with global acumen in Agriculture, Real Estate
- "Mimiko, ZLP fully backing Agboola to beat Akeredolu, Jegede"
- Mammoth SDP supporters pass vote of confidence on Ondo Rep Adefisoye
- Aketi, Jegede delight guests as Obasanjo, Tinubu, governors launch Fasoranti's book 'My Life, My Legacy'
- We've uncovered plot to use Zpad, polling officers rig Ondo guber poll —PDP
A Chief Magistrates’ Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos State on Wednesday ordered that a 21-year-old man, Mr Happiness Sunday, who allegedly defiled his neighbour’s children, be remanded in a correctional centre (formerly Nigerian Prisons), pending legal advice.
Mr Sunday, who resides at No 50A, Jaiye Oyedotun St., Magodo, Lagos, is charged with defilement.
Chief Magistrate P.E. Nwaka, who did not take the plea of the defendant, ordered that he should be remanded in the Kirikiri Correctional Facility, Apapa, Lagos.
Nwaka ordered the police to duplicate the case file to the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecutions.
NAN reports that the magistrate adjourned the case until Sept. 23.
Earlier, the Police Prosecutor, Insp. Christopher John alleged that the suspect sexually assaulted his neighbour’s children, aged eight, a girl and 10 a boy in his room.
John told the court that the defendant committed the offence sometime in May in his residence.
He alleged that the defendant lured the siblings into his room and defiled the girl and sodomised the boy.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 137 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State 2015 which stipulates life imprisonment on conviction