- APC leaders, Aketi’s SSA Eyiyato laud successful Congress at Ilepa wards 1 & 2 in Ikare Akoko
- @71: Hon. Joseph Akinlaja boosts Ondo Kingdom’s economy with N5m
- Aketi vs Jegede: PDP becoming Hungry Hyena, but…. —APC
- Akeredolu’s Roles in ‘Urbanising’ Akungba Akoko….by Ado Adeboye
- Ex-Defence Minister applauds FG over Medaville Estate Project in Akure
An advocate against Rape, Mr Dipo Olukemi has said the battle against the scourge must begin from the family.
Mr Olukemi while speaking on an online forum themed PERVERSION: SAY NO TO RAPE, explained that both the perpetrators and victims of rape emerge from the family hence the need to address the root which is the family.
He maintained that frequency of rape indicated there was need for more commitment on the part of parents to their children.
Olukemi emphasized on sex education for children, self defence and prosecution of offenders to serve as deterrents.
Another speaker, Mrs Bunmi Olaromilorun cautioned parents against use of seductive clothings for girl- children.
The duo of Miss Grace Olawoyin and Chinenye Feyisola who were participants wanted parents to create a friendly atmosphere around their children to ward off wolves in sheep clothings.
Another participant Mr Seyi Aminu warned ladies to desist from insulting or condemning unwanted suitors as the uncultured among them can resort to raping.
Other participants Olowo yemisi and Pastor Buraimoh Ayodeji charged parents to be extra watchful during the lockdown where most children stay at home all by themselves watching sensual movies saying could lead the children to dangerous adventures.