It was a black weekend when Niger State Police Command today confirmed the death of seven ladies from generator fume.
The tragedy occurred on Friday night at Rijau town in Rijau Local Government Area.
Adamu Usman, Commissioner of Police, made the confirmation to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Minna.
He said Alhaji Mohammed Bello, the district Head of Rijau, reported the incident at Rijau Divisional Police Office.
Bello reported the discovery of seven bodies inside Afrash Beauty Salon located along Bawa Rijau road.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the ladies slept with generator on inside the shop. We moved the seven corpses to General Hospital Tunga Magaji for autopsy, while the case is under investigation,” Usman said.
The CP advised residents to always adopt proactive measures while using generators.
He noted that this would forestall loss of lives and property.