- Breaking: Ondo Pastor, driver shot by gunmen
- Breaking: 24 arrested with six illegal boats, 100,000 litres of gas oil in Ondo
- Jegede's Petition @Tribunal: Aketi, APC leaders must not sleep with two eyes closed
- Bisi Akande @82: A man of many parts —Akeredolu
- Alex Ajipe celebrates birthday of Hon Tunji-Ojo's mother
By: Ade Adeleke
Accreditation of delegates who will elect governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the October 10 election in Ondo state has started.
The exercise commenced at 12:00pm (Noon) with delegates from Akoko Northeast, Northwest, southeast and South west local government areas.
The delegates are being accredited with their APC membership cards.SUNSHINETRUTH reports that voting will commence after the accreditation.
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, Hon Isaacs Kekemeke and Chief Olusola Oke (SAN) who are major Aspirants are already at the venue of the primaries, The Dome, along Igbatoro road Akure.
A former Deputy governor in the state Alhaji Alli Olanusi is also at the venue.
The venue of today’s primary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, to pick the candidate for the forthcoming governorship election in Ondo State, the Dome is ready.
At the Dome, security personnel were on ground manning every entrance and were also sited at strategic locations to forestall any unforeseen circumstances.
For accreditations, various canopies were installed and tagged according to the 18 local government areas.
Men of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC were on the access roads to ensure free flow of traffic and people.