- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
Workers in Ondo state and the 18 local governments in the state have vowed to shut down the state and embark on industrial action if the state governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu fails to settle their outstanding salaries, leave bonus and other entitlements pending over the years.
The workers under the Joint Negotiating Council (JNC), in a letter dated 10th July, 2020, gave Governor Akeredolu till Wednesday 15th July, 2020 to call for negotiations or the workers down tools.
This is contained in a letter to the governor and jointly signed by state Chairman of Joint Negotiating Council (JNC), Comrade Oluwaniyi Fabunmi and the State Secretary, JNC, Comrade Kehinde Olomiye, and a copy obtained by SUNSHINETRUTH in Akure at the weekend.
JNC is an umbrella body of all the labour unions in the public service comprises affiliates of the NLC and TUC.
The letter reads, “We write to bring to your attention the already ‘gathered cloud’ of very serious impending Labour/Government face-off which will be the very first in the life of your administration as the elected Governor of the Sunshine state.
Below is a copy of the letter sent to the governor by JNC;