- We're set for Monday's Strike, protest —Ondo NLC
- Reps member Adeogun empowers 120 artisans in Akoko
- You are enemy of Ondo state people —Mimiko bombs Akeredolu
- Ondo 2020: People should elect Jegede calmly, peacefully —Reps member 'Expensive'
- Ondo 2020: Why my kinsman Jegede will fail again —Alasoadura
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
The Majority leader of the Ondo state House of Assembly, Hon Suleman Jamiu Maito is now facing the wrath of the All Progressives Congress (APC) from his constituency at Akoko northwest local government area over his support for anti-impeachment lawmakers backing the embattled state Deputy Governor, Hon. Alfred Agboola Ajayi.
Nine out of 26 lawmakers including Hon Maito had yesterday vehemently kicked against a move by 14 lawmakers to serve impeachment notice on Agboola over alleged gross misconducts.
Agboola had recently dumped the APC for the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to enable him contest the October 10, 2020 governorship election in the state.
Leaders of the APC numbering 26 from Akoko northwest local government area have expressed displeasure over the action of their lawmaker, adding that Maito violated directives by the party’s leaders on the need to remove Agboola.
In a letter jointly signed by the 26 leaders, they blasted the lawmaker for acting against their interest.
Read the full text of the letter below;
HON SULEMAN MAITO’S ACTION ON THE IMPEACHMENT OF THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR, HON. ALFRED AGBOOLA AJAYI: THE STAND OF AKOKO NORTH-WEST APC LEADERS.
We the undersigned leaders of APC in the Akoko Northwest Local Government area of Ondo state wish to state as follows :
1. that we have held several meetings with Hon. Jamiu Sulaiman Maito on his expected roles in the efforts to replacing Hon. Alfred Agboola Ajayi as the Deputy Governor of Ondo state.
2. that we are fully in support of the decisions of leadership of Ondo state chapter APC to replace the Hon. Alfred Agboola Ajayi, the Deputy Governor of Ondo state who has defected to PDP, an opposition political party.
3. that we support all the legitimate legislative efforts being carried out by the Ondo State House of Assembly to effect the impeachment of the Deputy Governor.
4. that we have directed Hon. Jamiu Sulaiman Maito,the Majority Leader of the House to align and support the efforts of both the State and the National leaderships of APC to effecting the removal of Mr. Alfred Agboola Ajajyi through the ongoing legislative efforts.
5. that we have mandated Hon. Jamiu Sulaiman Maito to overtly align himself with the position we all agreed upon at the various meetings of the APC leadership of Akoko Northwest on the issue of the replacement of the Deputy Governor who has defected to the opposition party, the PDP.
6. that for the avoidance of doubts, we agreed to the removal and the subsequent replacement of Mr. Alfred Agboola Ajayi as the Deputy Governor of Ondo.
Regrettably, Hon. Suleiman Maito acted on his own personal volition and his conducts so far do not represent the view and the agreed position of all the leaders of Akoko North West Local Government.
We therefore disassociate ourselves from his anti-party actions.
Thank you all.
2. Rear Admiral Sanmi Alade (retired)
3. Hon. Rasheed Badmus
4. Hon. Taofeeq
5. Rt. Hon. Oluwasegunota
6. Hon. Segun Ajiboye
7. Hon. Gani Muhammed
8. Hon. Awe Azees
9. Alhaji Oloruntoba
10. Hon. Tajudeen Momoh
11. Hon. Rotimi Rahaman
12. Hon. Oluleye Sanmi
13. Hon. Alonge Oluwatoyin Francis
14. Hon. Morakinyo Ajayi
15. Hon Owolabi Esan
16. Evang. Asagunla Olumuyiwa
17.Erelu Abike Akin-Olubode
18. Hon.ALADETIMEHIN JOSEPH OLUSOLA.
20. Hon. Ayodele Akande
21. Hon Mrs.Adebunmi Oshadaun.
23.Comrade ADEYANJU Akinlola Anthony.
24.Chief Kali Afe.
26. Hon.Akande Kayode.