- Mammoth SDP supporters pass vote of confidence on Ondo Rep Adefisoye
- Aketi, Jegede delight guests as Obasanjo, Tinubu, governors launch Fasoranti's book 'My Life, My Legacy'
- We've uncovered plot to use Zpad, polling officers rig Ondo guber poll —PDP
- 2020 guber poll: Why 'oppressed' Ondo South people should back Agboola
- Ondo 2020: APC attacks Wike over rigging allegation
The Chief Medical Director of the University of Medical Sciences, UNIMED Teaching Hospital, Ondo, Dr Oluwole Ige has tested positive for COVID- 19.
This was contained in a statement issued by Adeeyo Babatunde on behalf of the Chief Medical Director
The statement noted that the CMD is currently being treated and he is responding to the treatment positively.
The statement advised all members of staff of the Teaching to go about their normal duties and continue to observe universal precautions against the COVID-19.
The statement reads, ”this is to inform the members of staff of University of Medical Sciences Teaching Hospital and the general public that the Chief Medical Director was positive to COVID-19 test conducted on him after he exhibited symptoms relating to Corona virus disease.
“However, the CMD is currently being treated and he is responding to the treatment positively. All members of staff of the Teaching Hospital and the general public are hereby advised to go about their normal duties and continue to observe universal precautions against the COVID-19 pandemic, as we also wish the CMD quick recovery”