- Tayo Adegoke: Entrepreneur with global acumen in Agriculture, Real Estate
- "Mimiko, ZLP fully backing Agboola to beat Akeredolu, Jegede"
- Mammoth SDP supporters pass vote of confidence on Ondo Rep Adefisoye
- Aketi, Jegede delight guests as Obasanjo, Tinubu, governors launch Fasoranti's book 'My Life, My Legacy'
- We've uncovered plot to use Zpad, polling officers rig Ondo guber poll —PDP
One person has been reportedly died during an armed robbers attack in early hour of today at Okitipupa the headquarters of Okitipupa local government area of the state.
The incident happened early hour of today Thursday 25th June 2020 at a POS centre at Apata street of Okitipupa where two suspected armed robbers lunched an attack to the center.
Coastal Reporters gathered that the two suspected armed robbers who came to the operation with weapons conveyed themselves with motorcycle and escaped after the attack.
On the process of their fleeing raised alarm the POS attendant which moved the dwellers of the area to chase the suspected robbers.
The suspects on noticing the crowd chasing them, shooting into the air as to disperse the crowd accidentally shoots his colleague in the skull.
The men of the Nigeria Police Force, Okitipupa Divisional Headquarters however recovered from the dead suspect two guns (life Cartridge), the stolen bag from the POS centre and the cloth belonging to his colleague who is on the run but later apprehended from his hideout at a street in Okitipupa.
Investigation further revealed that the dead suspect simply identify as Kehinde was a notorious armed robber who has been terrorising the environment but met his waterloo today.
Meanwhile, the suspect’s corpse has been deposited to the state hospital’s morgue in Okitipupa by men of Nigeria Police Force.