- Breaking: FG declares Thursday public Holiday
- #EndSars protests: Police confirms killing of Two officers, one civilian in Ondo
- #EndSars protests: Ajipe's Klick Konnect partners Youths to clean up Akure
- Five ways to urgently stop rising Youths' protests in Nigeria —Akure Chief Imam
- Passengers stranded as plane crash was averted at Akure Airport
Tragedy struck this morning at the ancient city of Ikare Akoko when electricity pole which two officials of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) were working fell and killed a passerby man while one of the electricity company officials sustained serious injury.
An witness account told SUNSHINETRUTH that the pole fell due to its weakness and the other official escaped unhurt.
The family of the victim who instantly are Muslims who regarded it as an act of God while the wounded official was rushed state specialist hospital Ikare for treatment.
The witness said, “changing and removal of electricity poles was necessitated due to ongoing dualization of Ikare township road by Ondo state government.”
Sympathisers were in large number at the scene of the incident.
The Police Area Commander for Ikare Assistant commissioner of police Razak Rauf confirmed the unfortunate incident and said police had taken appropriate step on the case.