- Killings, Economic woe: Nigeria on the Brink —Afenifere raises alarm
- Ondo Govt'll take over payment of Students' WAEC fees —Akeredolu
- Akure monarch, people host Day of Tribute for Gov Makinde's Mother
- "Vibz Arena" opens for Fun Seekers, revolutionizes Entertainment in Akure
- Slain monarch: Akeredolu rushes to scene, says it's beyond ordinary
The Ondo State Internal Revenue Service has remitted the sum of Twelve Million Naira to all the eighteen (18) local governments in Ondo State, being the Radio and Television Licensing fees.
The cheque was presented by the Executive Chairman ODIRS Mr. Tolu Adegbie to Mr. Segun Odunsanya, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs today the 23rd day of June 2020.
Presenting the cheque to the Permanent Secretary, the Chairman Mr. Tolu Adegbie said the amount is relatively lower as a result of paucity of funds being the COVID-19 pandemic effect on general economy.
The ODIRS Boss explained that the step was part of the revenue agency’s mandate to assist Local governments in collecting their revenues and disbursing accordingly.
In his response, Mr. Segun Odunsanya who received on behalf of all the 18 local governments appreciated the Chairman and prayed for the global COVID-19 pandemic to vanish in no distance time.
He said the prayer became imperative to enable ODIRS delve deeper into other aspects of revenue generation for the local governments and the state in general.
Odunsanya commended the Chairman for continually striving to improve internally generated revenue despite all the challenges.