- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
Alleged Looting In Govt House:
Akeredolu Commends Security For Vigilance, Appeals For Calm.
Reports of alleged looting by some officials reportedly attached to the Office of the Deputy Governor have been noted with serious concern and attention given to same.
Governor Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu, SAN, while commending the security agents whose vigilance prevented the carting away of government property from the Government House under a spurious guise, has equally called for calm and more vigilance by all and sundry.
While the Governor takes no delight in breaching the personal freedom and liberty of all individuals, it is pertinent to ensure that Government stems and possibly, halts needless sabotage of Government business as well as pernicious acts capable of creating a breach of public peace.
In this regard, much as individuals, groups, or group of persons within the limits of their personal liberties and freedom are entitled to exercise their rights to every manner of legitimate endeavour, Government shall not shy away from protecting public property under its watch.
Nonetheless, Governor Akeredolu enjoins security agents attached to the Government House to ensure they carry out a thorough and dispassionate discharge of their assigned duties and responsibilities.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
June 20, 2020.