- Removal of Ondo Dep Speaker, Attorney-General & fresh plot to impeach me —Agboola
- COVID-19: Ondo completes Okitipupa Isolation Centre, seeks School monitoring teams
- Labour, Ondo Govt reveal details of agreements on salaries, deductions, pension
- Breaking: Iroju impeached as Ondo Deputy Speaker, Aderoboye elected
- Update: FIFA gives reasons for banning CAF President
By: Ade Adeleke
There is now anxiety among residents of Ondo state as the state has recorded its highest single day coronavirus cases last night with sixteen fresh infections.
This is just as the Nigeria centre for disease control (NCDC) also last night confirmed seven hundred and forty five new cases of COVID-19 in the country, the highest single day infection since the outbreak of the disease in February this year.
Before now, the highest single day infection was six hundred and eighty one.
The new 16 cases mean that Ondo state now confirmed one hundred and five total number of positive cases in the state.
The NCDC in its daily COVID-19 update named Lagos as the state with the highest single day infection having recorded two hundred and eighty cases in the last twenty four hours.
Oyo is next with one hundred and three cases, Ebonyi, seventy two, the FCT, sixty, forty six in Imo among others.
With the latest figure, Nigeria now has a total of eighteen thousand, four hundred and eighty cases of COVID-19.
Discharges have increased to six thousand three hundred and seven while four hundred and seventy five deaths have been recorded.
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu had early this week expressed worries over community transmission of the virus and urged residents to follow various government’s precautionary measures against deadly coronavirus pandemic.