- Removal of Ondo Dep Speaker, Attorney-General & fresh plot to impeach me —Agboola
- COVID-19: Ondo completes Okitipupa Isolation Centre, seeks School monitoring teams
- Labour, Ondo Govt reveal details of agreements on salaries, deductions, pension
- Breaking: Iroju impeached as Ondo Deputy Speaker, Aderoboye elected
- Update: FIFA gives reasons for banning CAF President
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
There was a confusion and apprehension at an Ondo state Magistrate Court sitting in Akure today when two heads of dead person were brought to the court, even as the court remanded in police custody, two of the four suspected grave diggers nabbed at the Akure cemetery along Imafon road last month.
The Presiding Magistrate, Tope Aladejana gave the order after refusing their bail applications and directed that their case file be sent to the Office of Director of Public Prosecution for legal advice.
SUNSHINETRUTH gathered that the two heads which were allegedly caught with the suspects in a bag were brought to the court as exhibit caused some stir.
This is the second time the two Suspects Adewale Abiodun and Abel Olomofe aged between 40 and 45 years would be Arraigned before magistrate court tope Aladejana after they were allegedly found with human heads at the Akure south cemetery along Imafon road.
They were arraigned by the police on a three count charge of conspiracy, unlawful possession, and indecently tampering with a corpse.
The alleged offence was said to be contrary to and punishable under sections 516, 329 and 242 of the Criminal Laws of Ondo state, 2006.
At the second sitting, Prosecutor, inspector Uloh Goodluck said the offence is a bailable one but prayed the court to permit him forward the case file to office of the Director of Public Prosecution, DPP.
The counsel representing the defendants FEMI Adetoye and Jide Agboola prayed the court to grant them bail since it a bailable offense.
The lawyers also reminded the Court of its promise at the last sitting to consider the bail application at the next sitting.
But in his Ruling, Magistrate Tope Aladejana, said that bail order is not yet matured and ordered the prosecutor to send the case file to the DPP office, for legal advice after which their application may be considered.
He adjourned the case till June 19, 2020 and order the return of The two defendants to Police custody.
Meanwhile, the two human heads found in possession of defendants that were brought to the court in a bag caused some stir.
The remaining two suspects are yet to be arraigned and the police at the first sitting, attributed their unavailability to stand trial now to their ill health.