- After days of closure, Akure Airport resumes operations today
- Why announcement of new UI VC was suspended
- #EndSars: Former LG Boss, Larry Ogunmusire donates building for temporary Okitipupa Secretariat
- TV stations' fines: NBC turning to 'Kangaroo Court' —IPC, MRA
- Constitute Boards of Ondo HMB, Primary Health Agency —Medical & Health Union tells Akeredolu
A leading governorship aspirant under the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo state, Hon. (Dr) Bode Ayorinde has picked his nomination form to contest the upcoming primary election of the party.
Dr Ayorinde who picked his form at the party’s secretariat at 1.30pm in Abuja, the nation’s capital on Monday promised to industrialize the state if given the party’s ticket and eventually elected in the October governorship election.
Ayorinde, in a statement by his Senior Media Aide, Olusegun Adebumiti after obtaining the form, urged PDP members in the state to come together as one family in order to transform the state from a civil service one to an industrialized state.
“I want to tell the people of ondo state that the time for industrial revolution is now.
“This is a moment of hope for the unemployed to be employed.”
Ayorinde said, “This is the time to rebuild the state. It is a time of hope for decency and equal development of all the senatorial districts of the state”.
The former federal lawmaker who hails from Owo, in the Northern senatorial district of the state, has promised to establish at least one Company in each of the 18 Local Governments in the state when elected as governor.
Dr Ayorinde whose campaign mantra is “Hope Alive 2020”, is renowned for creating jobs with the glaring example in the establishment of the first private university in both Ondo and Ekiti state – Achievers University 12 years ago.