- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
It was an eventful day on the 6th of June, 2020, as 48 public primary schools in Ifedore Local government, and two public secondary schools in Ilara Mokin, when they benefited from COVID-19 precautionary package initiated by Olubola Adeleye Foundation.
The foundation which is a non profit and nongovernmental organisation based in Akure, the Ondo state capital, distributed COVID-19 hand washing buckets to the schools.
The memorable event, which lasted for two hours, took place inside the Community Hall of the New King’s palace, in Ilara Mokin, Ondo State. To cap it all, social distancing was maintained throughout the event.
All the 50 schools were represented by their HeadTeachers who collected the hand washing buckets on behalf of their respective schools.
Speaking on the initiative, the founder of Olubola Adeleye Foundation, Mrs Olubola Adeleye, said the importance of the hand washing buckets was mainly to ensure that on resumption of the schools after the pandemic lockdown.
Mrs Adeleye pointed out that students as well as teachers still need to practice and maintain good hygiene by washing their hands regularly to ward off germs and viruses their hands after school’s resumption.
Afterwards, all the School heads at the event, expressed their deep appreciation to the organizer of the event, and Founder of the Foundation, Mrs Olubola Adeleye, for her kind gesture.