- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
Coronavirus cases in Ondo state today hit 41 with the tracking and subsequent arrest of a COVID-19 patient at the popular Oba Market in Akure.
The state Commissioner for health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro who confirmed this to Radio Nigeria said the latest patient, a female was originally diagnosed for the virus in far away Imo state but escaped to Ondo state without receiving treatment.
Dr Adegbenro explained that both Imo and Ondo government thereafter mounted surveillance on her and she eventually picked up from where she was selling second hand wares popularly called TOKUNBO at the market
He hinted that contact tracing of the patient’s family, friends and neighbours had begun and urged all who had transacted business with the woman to report for diagnosis.
Dr Adegbenro appealed to residents of Ondo state to stay at home unless if it was absolutely necessary for them to go out noting that community transmission of the coronavirus had become a reality in the state.
SUNSHINETRUTH gathered that the total number of active cases in ondo state is now fourteen, six deaths and twenty one discharges