- APC primary: Ibi Giga Ambassadors strengthen winning strategy for Aketi
- Aketi's election rigging: Ex-Ondo SSG, Abegunde faces 2yrs imprisonment
- How I used Security, Spiritual channels to search for missing Boy —Prophet Sotitobire
- My take on Age falsification, law school scam and PDP disqualification card —Ondo Dep Gov
- Missing boy: Prophet Sotitobire in witness box at Ondo Court to defend self
By: Ade Adeleke
A stalwart of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo state and the party’s House of Assembly candidate in the last 2019 general election, Engineer Abiola Oladapo, yesterday dumped the opposition party for the governing All Progressives Congress (APC).
While receiving the defector and his supporters at the APC state Secretariat in Akure, the state capital, the state Chairman of APC, Engr Ade Adetimehin, advised those who newly joined the party to ensure they register at their wards as the state prepares for October 10 2020 governorship election and the July 20 APC primaries.
He stressed the importance of them obtaining their membership card after registration.
Adetimehin seized the opportunity to highlight some of the achievements of the Oluwarotimi Akeredolu-led administration, particularly the citing of industries in the Ondo/Linyl Industrial Hub at Omotosho in Ore/Odigbo Local Government Area of the state.
The APC Chairman also urged the defectors to move round and garner support for the party ahead of the governorship election and deliver his constituency for the party in the forthcoming election.
The former PDP House of Assembly candidate, Oladapo promised to put in his best and ensure adequate mobilization for the APC to achieve success in the October 10, 2020 governorship election in the state.
Describing APC as a party that provides equal opportunity for all its members, Oladapo also vowed to deliver votes from his constituency for the ruling party with concerted efforts of other members and leaders.