- Impeachment: No escape route for you —APC tells Ondo Dep Gov
- Gang up against Ondo APC Exco thickens as Oke, Adelami, others mount pressure on Buni's caretaker committee
- Primaries: APC delegates can't be trusted, they are vultures —Guber Aspirants
- Impeachment: Dep Gov Agboola lauds CJ, seeks removal of Ondo Speaker
- Ondo 2020: How YPP will benefit from APC, PDP crises —Guber Aspirant Dotun Ojon
ONDO 2020: A GAME OF MEN AND NOT FOR BOYS
Being a man isn’t just about crossing a certain age or looking a certain way. It’s a lot more. The Ondo 2020 race has a lot of brash, noisy, reckless boys but what we need is more responsible, focused and composed man. In fact, it’s a question that’s been asked since time immemorial. What separates the men from the boys? In relation to the above subject matter, I shall be itemizing what separate the man (Aketi) from the other boys (Aspirants)
Here are 14 things that separate the man from the boys as far the race is concern.
1. Aketi act, boys boast. While boys are interested in spinning stories and weaving political moonlight tales, Akeredolu just go ahead and do it.
2. Aketi command attention, boys crave attention. While boys try too hard to be the focus, Odunayo have an effortless way of being the center of attention without even trying.
3. Aketi is confident. Boys are insecure. While it’s easy for boys to get flustered in the face of political adversity, the former Commissioner for Justice and Attorney general to Ondo state is confident enough to overcome it.
4. Aketi give respect. Boys crave respect. While boys are on a mission to make others respect them, our learned Governor is wise enough to know it’s nobler to give respect.
5. Aketi settle fights. Boys get into them. It’s not a sign of masculinity but boyishness to get into fights. That’s why Mr Talk and Do is capable of settling fights not starting them.
6. Aketi don’t play games. Boys only care about winning. Oko Betty don’t care about petty victories or power games, he care about the real things in life.
7. Aketi look for solutions. Boys look for escape. When faced with a conundrum, boys just bolt for the exit door while the former NBA President stand his ground and solve it.
8. Aketi correct his mistakes. Boys don’t admit their mistakes.
Everybody makes mistakes but what you do when you make a mistake is what separates a man from a boy.
9. Aketi keep his cool. Boys tend to be hot-headed. In a sticky situation, the way you handle yourself is the biggest indicator of whether you’re a man or a boy.
10. Aketi commend fellow good brilliant personality that believes in preservation of integrity in moving the state forward. Boys compete with each other. It’s not the competition but how you handle victories and defeats that is the true mark of a man.
11. Aketi keep life simple. Boys make things complicated.
Be it thinking too much or acting out of proportions, boys complicate situations. Whereas Arakunrin keep it simple and straightforward.
12. Aketi isn’t afraid to admit it if he is wrong. Boys are scared to be wrong. Perhaps it’s the immaturity but boys fear being wrong about things. However, real men realize that if they’re wrong, admitting is the manly thing to do.
13. Aketi don’t need to prove a point. Boys are always trying to.
For boys, every move is about proving something to someone. Whereas Baba Babajide don’t need to prove anything to anyone because he is fully aware of where he is and who he is.
14. Above all, Aketi silence his critics. Boys can’t handle them. When met with criticism, boys lash out or break down but Mr infrastructure respond strongly and silence everyone who doubted him.
By and large, Aketi has demonstrated to the whole world that he is the only man among the boys jostling for the Ondo number one seat come October, 2020. Let’s all join forces to ensure Aketi continue with his bid in placing Ondo state in a better place in a global arrangements beyond 2021.
IBI Giga ambassadors