- Tayo Adegoke: Entrepreneur with global acumen in Agriculture, Real Estate
- "Mimiko, ZLP fully backing Agboola to beat Akeredolu, Jegede"
- Mammoth SDP supporters pass vote of confidence on Ondo Rep Adefisoye
- Aketi, Jegede delight guests as Obasanjo, Tinubu, governors launch Fasoranti's book 'My Life, My Legacy'
- We've uncovered plot to use Zpad, polling officers rig Ondo guber poll —PDP
By: Adesoji Adetona
Hearing in the ongoing trial of the founder of Sotitobire Miracle Centre, Oshinle Akure, Prophet Alfa Babatunde over the alleged missing of one year-old Gold Kolawole in the church in November, last year resumed today at the ondo state High Court sitting in Akure.
Justice Olusegun Odusola had in two months ago adjourned the case till today.
Justice Odusola announced the adjournment after a state government counsel, Mr Babatunde Falodun informed the court of the inability of the state Attorney General and Commissioner for justice, Adekola Olawoye (SAN) to attend the sitting due to an urgent state assignment.
At the resumed hearing of the case today, the outside of the High court complex was filled with members of the church who came to solidarise with him.
Prophet Babatunde and six other church members are standing trial on three count charge including conspiracy to and abetting kidnap.
They were brought to the court today by officials of the Nigerian Correctional Service, Olokuta Akure and made to undergo COVID-19 precautionary measures like hand washing.
Few people including some journalists were allowed into the court Chambers in view of the social distancing order of the COVID-19.
Everybody in the court, including the Presiding judge, Olusegun Odusola wore nose masks as part of the precautionary measures.
As at the time of filing in this report, the trial by calling witnesses is still going on.