- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
In commemoration of this year’s Eid El Fitri celebration and expression of love for Muslims after a successful completion of Ramadan fast, the Lawmaker representing Akure South Constituency 1 in the Ondo State House of Assembly, Hon Simeon Toluwani Borokini has reached out to Muslims in his constituency as he gives cash palliatives to them to cushion the effects of COVID-19 lockdown.
This, he did in accordance with his usual custom of reaching out and identifying with religious groups in his constituency during religious specific celebrations.
This is contained in a statement issued by Ayobamiji Komolafe, the lawmaker’s Special Assistant (Media) and made available to SUNSHINETRUTH in Akure.
Commending their steadfastness and endurance throughout the fasting period, he appreciated their prayers and constant support enjoyed since his inauguration in office about a year ago.
As the State is in another election year with the governorship election near, Hon Borokini enjoined unity and more cooperation amongst the party members as this time is a delicate one in politics.
He also urged more support for the Akeredolu’s led administration to ensure his second term bid becomes a reality.
Appreciating the Lawmakers benevolence, beneficiaries pledged their unalloyed support for Governor Akeredolu in the forthcoming polls.