- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
With a view to developing and promoting commerce and industry in Ondo State, Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has approved the constitution of a Multipurpose Passenger Travels Plaza named ORE LIBERTY DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED in Ore, Odigbo Local government.
Governor Akeredolu, has also constituted 16-man as statutory members of the state Board of Public Procurement to be headed by himself.
According to a Statement by the CPS to the Governor, Mr Segun Ajiboye, the chairman of the board is Mr Olabanji Akinnibosun, while the special Adviser to the governor on Transport, Mr Tobi Ogunleye and Mr. Alaba Eniola-Ajipe will serve as the board’s members.
Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu,SAN, has nominated the following persons as statutory members of the state Board of Public Procurement. Also nominated are persons representing various interest groups:
1. Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu,SAN- Chairman
2. Mr. Tolu Fadahunsi- Director General, Ondo State Bureau of Public Procurement
3. Pastor Emmanuel Igbasan- Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget
4. Mr. Adekola Olawoye, SAN- Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice.
5. Mr. Ifedayo Abegunde- Secretary to the State Government
6. Mr. Oluwadare Aragbaye- Head of Service
7. Mr. Adewale Akinterinwa- Hon Commissioner for Finance
8. Pharm. Samuel Adekola- Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria
9. Bldr. Dele Akinyan, NIOB Chairman- The Nigerian Institute of Building.
10. Ojo Abayomi Michael Esq. – Nigerian Bar Association
11. Sir. Ologun, David Olorunfunmi, FCA- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
12. Ifeanyi Odili- Coalition of all Civil Society Organisations in Ondo State
13. Benjamin Igbekele Idowu- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria
14. Professor Ayo Arowojolu- Tertiary Institutions
15. Hon Otito Atikase- LG Chairman, representing the 18 LG Chairmen.
The nomination of the members is in accordance with the law establishing the bureau.
However, civil society organisation in the state has rejected the appointment of Ifeanyi Odili as the representative of the group.
DISCLAIMER!!! DISCLAIMER!! DISCALIMER
IFEANYI ODILI IS NOT A MEMBER OF COALITION OF ALL CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATION AND WAS NOT NOMINATED TO REPRESENT US ON THE ONDO STATE BOARD OF PROCUREMENT.
The Coalition of All Civil Society Organization in Ondo State urgently draws the attention of the Governor, Arakurin Rotimi Akeredolu and the entire people of Ondo State to the case of impersonation and fraudulent intention noticed in the composition of the recently released names of members of the Ondo State Board of Public Procurement.
We want to believe that the governor was misled to include one IFEANYI ODILI as the representative of the Coalition of All CSO in Ondo on the Board.
We want to categorically state that the said Ifeanyi Odili has never been a member of the Coalition and do not represent us.
Although we are recently made aware that he is a politician who may want to take advantage of his closeness to government to be on the Board.
We believe that this type of attitude will negate the spirit behind setting up the Board as a tool of ensuring transparency and accountability.
For the avoidance of doubt, our nominee name – FRANKLIN OLONIJU for the Ondo State Procurement Board was duly sent through the Procurement Bureau following a letter of request for nominee sent to us and duly signed by the governor.
In this wise, we ask that the name of IFEANYI ODILI be expunged as the representative of the Coalition of All Civil Society Organization in Ondo State and our duly nominated representative included immediately.
As a responsible Coalition of CSOs in Ondo State, we will like call on Security Agencies, Local and International Donor Partners, relevant State and Federal Agencies to note that the Coalition/NGOs is yet not represented on this Board as the foundation seems to have started shaking from inspection.
The Protest letter was signed by; Martins Alo, Folasade Bamgboye,
Chairman/WASH Governance Sector