- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
Meanwhile, Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN has reacted to a publication by Saharareporters with the headline “Revealed: 88 ‘Ghost Workers’ Receive N48.2m Car Loan In Ondo”
Reacting to the news via his twitter account, Governor Akeredolu said the new development is one of the many fraud his administration has dealt with in the state public sector with the ongoing public service reform.
The Governor stressed that Saharareporters had covered one of the arrests made in April on its website and he vowed that his administration will continue to sanitize the public system.
In his tweets “One of many we have dealt with. Our Civil service reform efforts, which was covered by your website in April, has been uncovering all of these criminal elements in the system. We will continue to sanitize the system.
In April 2020, At least 25 civil servants under the employment of the Ondo State Government were handed over to the police for allegedly stealing public funds.
The civil servants were caught involving in all forms of employment racketeering and inputting fictitious names into the state’s payroll system.