- 7days ultimatum: How illegal arms should be returned to Amotekun —Akeredolu
- #EndSars protest: Why victims must utilize Akeredolu's Judicial Panel —Ondo NUJ
- ASUU, FUOYE on warpath over plot to impose Fasina as new VC
- Agboola, Aiyedatiwa make Akeredolu's second term Committee
- Breaking: Jegede heads for Tribunal over Akeredolu's reelection
By: Adesoji Adetona
The Ondo state House of Assembly today denied a report that its Speaker’s lodge was not under security siege today during the parliamentary meeting of the lawmakers.
The assembly also passed a resolution to ban members from speaking with journalists on the controversial #4.3billion that has been generating political crisis between the House and the Executive arm led by Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu.
The lawmaker also passed a resolution that there is a robust relationship between the Executive Arm Of Government and the Legislature, noting that whatever has been planted in the media in recent times are the handiwork of fifth columnists.
In a Press Statement signed Hon Akogun Olugbenga Omole
Chairman, House Committee on Information, the lawmakers attributed the rumour take over of security operatives of the Speaker’s lodge in view of the ongoing probing of the spending of #4.3billion discovered in a secret account at the Zenith Bank PLC by the state government.
The lawmakers resolved, “that the news making the rounds that the Speaker’s Lodge was under seige is a hoax and the imagination of those behind it. The lodge was never under seige. The armed Policemen sighted there were at some distance away and were there to maintain peace, law and order.
The legislators also dismissed a report that there was a plot to commence impeachment moves against Governor Akeredolu.
Read the full text of the press statement;
SPEAKER’S LODGE WAS NOT UNDER SEIGE
……FIFTH COLUMNISTS AT WORK
Members of the Ondo State House of Assembly today at their Parliamentary session, resolved as follows:
1.That there was no plan to commence impeachment moves against the Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu, SAN.
2. That the news making the rounds that the Speaker’s Lodge was under seige is a hoax and the imagination of those behind it. The lodge was never under seige. The armed Policemen sighted there were at some distance away and were there to maintain peace, law and order.
3. On the issue of the N4.3b under scrutiny, all relevant documents should be submitted to the Committee on Public Account and Committee on Finance and Appropriation respectively.
4. That no member of the House of Assembly should talk to the press without making reference to Mr Speaker.The only Person authorised to speak on behalf of the House is the Chairman, House Committee on Information.
5. There is a robust relationship between the Executive Arm Of Government and the Legislature; whatever has been planted in the media in recent times are the handiwork of fifth columnists.
Akogun Olugbenga Omole
Chairman,ODHA House Committee on Information.
(May 18, 2020)