- APC primary: Ibi Giga Ambassadors strengthen winning strategy for Aketi
- Aketi's election rigging: Ex-Ondo SSG, Abegunde faces 2yrs imprisonment
- How I used Security, Spiritual channels to search for missing Boy —Prophet Sotitobire
- My take on Age falsification, law school scam and PDP disqualification card —Ondo Dep Gov
- Missing boy: Prophet Sotitobire in witness box at Ondo Court to defend self
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
As the issue of #4.3billion discovered in a secret account at the Zenith bank rages on, the speaker of the Ondo state House of assembly, Rt Hon Bamidele Oleyelogun has exonerated Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of any wrongdoing that can warrant his impeachment by the lawmakers.
Oleyelogun described as untrue that there are plots by the lawmakers to remove the governor over the controversial uncovering and spending of #4.3b in the secret bank account.
The Speaker disclosed this on Sunday in a telephone interview with newsmen while reacting to media reports that the house of assembly would activate impeachment move against Akeredolu should the executive fail to convince the lawmakers over how the whereabouts of the uncovered #4.3b.
Oloyelogun however described such reports as the design of the third force within the government.
He said “It is not in our house of assembly because there was nothing like that.
“We are not fighting Mr governor at all. All we have been doing over the #4.3bn uncovered is part of our oversight functions and it is in the interest of the state. That was all we have asked the commissioner for finance.
“Mr governor has not done anything to warrant any impeachment plot and we are not fighting,” Oleyelogun opined.