By: Adesoji Adetona
The Zenith Labour Party (ZLP), has described as obnoxious and unacceptable a claim by
a self styled EPC chairman, Biyi Poroye that the ZLP in Ondo state has merged with the Action Democratic Party (ADP) ahead of the October 10, 2020 governorship election.
The party said it was not and can never be part of the Poroye’s concocted EFC/ADP formation.
In a Press Statement signed by Pastor Felix Olatunde, its state Publicity Secretary, the ZLP said the claim is not only fallacious but also defamatory and inflammatory to the already charged political atmosphere in the Sunshine State.
“The ZLP Ondo state received with great consternation the news of an obnoxious press release by a self styled EPC chairman, Biyi Poroye that the ZLP Ondo state is collaborating with some faceless political parties to form a party called ADP.
“We decided to ignore it initially, but seeing now that it’s capable of blowing a wind of deceit across the state, it is pertinent to smother the effect of the falsehood on our political scheme of things,” the ZLP spokesman said.
Below is the full text of the Press Statement;
ZENITH LABOUR PARTY IS NOT AND CAN NEVER BE PART OF BIYI POROYE’S CONCOCTED EFC/ADP FORMATION
The ZLP Ondo state received with great consternation the news of an obnoxious press release by a self styled EPC chairman, Biyi Poroye that the ZLP Ondo state is collaborating with some faceless political parties to form a party called ADP.
This claim is not only fallacious but also defamatory to us and inflammatory to the already charged political atmosphere in the Sunshine State.
We decided to ignore it initially, but seeing now that it’s capable of blowing a wind of deceit across the state, it is pertinent to smother the effect of the falsehood on our political scheme of things.
It is noteworthy that ZLP, as a party parades leaders with the most attractive political credentials not only in Ondo state but around the nation.
Let me mention about few for the sake of proof.
1. Dr Olusegun Mimiko, the number one and national leader of ZLP is the only living former governor of Ondo state. He parades unbeatable political experience at all levels of government and served two terms as a governor in the state. (He is the first person to attain this).
2. Dr Joseph Akinlaja, the state chairman of the party, is a two time member of the National Assembly. He was the insuppressible national deputy chairman of the NLC during the military regime.
3. Professor Adeboyeje, the Secretary General of the party, is a retired provost of the prestigious Adéyemí College of Education, Ondo.
4. Justice Sehinde Kumuyi, the North Senatorial leader of the party is a retired Chief judge of Ondo State.
5. High Chief Akintade, the central leader of the party, is the most revered political leader in Ondo kingdom.
6. Others are Prince Rotimi Benjamin, Arc Adejuyigbe, Bar Atere, Hon Tomide( ODHA) Mrs Simi Akindele, Hon Olu Aderuku, Past Felix Olatunde, Hon Eni Akinshola, Mrs Foluke Omotoso (state women leader), Dcns Lola Adewumi, Hon Afọlábí Akinsiku and a host of others who are former commissioners, legislators and LG council bosses as well as professionals. The list cannot be exhausted.
The question is:
[A] How could all these people be passive participants in any well meaning political formation?
None of the affore mentioned is not ranking higher than Biyi Poroye.
[B] How come he, in his widest imagination, thought he could lead any political arrangement that involves these veteran and well reputed politicians? He is undoubtedly living in a political fantasy.
The ZLP is not only disclaiming the concocted ADP membership but also dissuading the public from being part of the decorated fallacy.
ZLP in Ondo state is intact and the party is fully prepared to go into 2020 guber polls with the preparedness and assurances of monumental victory.
We appeal to our members to go about their normal party activities as permitted by the lockdown exigencies and ignore Biyi Poroye’s wicked lies.
Yoruba elders have a saying thus:
A house built with spittles is easily ruined by drizzles.(Ile ti a fi ito mo, iri ni yóò wọ)
GREATER NIGERIA !!!
Pastor Felix Olatunde is the Publicity Secretary, ZLP Ondo State.