- Aketi's election rigging: Ex-Ondo SSG, Abegunde faces 2yrs imprisonment
- How I used Security, Spiritual channels to search for missing Boy —Prophet Sotitobire
- My take on Age falsification, law school scam and PDP disqualification card —Ondo Dep Gov
- Missing boy: Prophet Sotitobire in witness box at Ondo Court to defend self
- Recover Oyo NUJ property through Court —Police tell Babalola
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
A political group, Ondo Progressives Forum has adopted one of the APC aspirants in the 2020 Ondo state governorship election, Chief OLAYIDE ADELAMI as its preferred choice for the state highest political seat.
In a Press Statement signed by Adebayo Gbenga, STATE COORDINATOR and Olaleye Bamidele,
General Secretary, the group noted that having looked into the antecedents of all aspirants including the incumbent governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, decided to support and canvas votes for Adelami with no bashed antecedents and who has an interest in human development in the past years.
Read the full text of the statement below;
ONDO PROGRESSIVE FORUM ENDORSE OLAYIDE ADELAMI FOR ONDO GOVERNOR.
The above stated body, created to support and canvas for progressive candidates within the party and to actualize the aims of the coming together of different political parties to form an environment where only the progressives occupy political offices in Nigeria especially the federal government has endorsed the candidacy of Mr. Olayide Adelami.
The body has it members across the 18 local governments area of Ondo state and used her strength to mobilize, canvass and vote in progressives into power.
The movement having observed the political atmosphere within Ondo state decided to call for a meeting of the 18 local government coordinators on the 14th of May 2020 to make deliberation and decision on the aspirant to support in the forth coming Ondo State Gubernatorial Election. The meeting gave birth to the following decisions;
1. Having looked into the antecedents of all aspirants including the incumbent governor, the movement decided to support, canvas and vote for an aspirant with no bashed antecedent and who has interested in human development in the past years.
2. The movement decided to pull her strength for the emergence of a Candidate who has experience in dealing with the public not as a politician but as a public servant who knows the needs of the masses.
3. Chief Olayide Owolabi Adelami, the Owo born public servant was later ratified and endorsed by the movement because of his unabashed antecedent in the public service. Chief Adelami rose from the level of obscurity to a place of Grace. He has served the masses for thirty five years and he attained the peak in his career. He knows the masses more, he has related with the people and this gave us assurance that the retired deputy clerk of the National Assembly can influence physical development and impact the lives of Ondo State people as he had always done within Owo, Ondo North and Ondo State at large during his service as a public servant. Adelami was part of the frontiers that ensured the reelection of President Muhammadu Buhari during the last general election. He was appointed by the presidency as the coordinator, presidential support committee, Ondo State.
The movement, however, is using this medium to inform the people of Ondo State and the general public that our total support is for Chief Olayide Owolabi Adelami.
Together, we can establish unprecedented development in the state.