- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
Ondo state today recorded its 17th and 18th cases of the deadly coronavirus pandemic.
The commissioner for health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro who confirmed the report to SUNSHINETRUTH, explained that the patients were from Lagos and Sokoto states.
According to him, the new patients have been admitted at the State Infectious Disease Hospital, Akure for treatment.
Dr Adegbenro explained that the patients were a police officer who came in from Lagos after testing positive for coronavirus and a northerner from Sokoto state.
He said government had commenced tracing of their contacts in addition to the one hundred and ninety one contacts of all COVID-19 patients in Ondo state.
Dr Adegbenro stressed the need for residents help government in curbing the spread of the virus by maintaining good personal hygiene, wearing their facemasks and complying with the physical distancing order.
Also the state Commissioner for information, Donald Ojogo had on Tuesday confirmed the treatment and discharging of five more COVID-19 patients
According to Ojogo, the treated and discharged patients of the dreaded virus have become eleven.