- Ondo: How man was caught sleeping with minor in uncompleted building
- Justify your monthly N600M security vote —PDP tells Akeredolu
- Why we honoured Akeredolu with National Award —Pharmacists
- Owa-Ale: After 3months, Traditional rites of passage start in Ikare
- Owa-Ale: Ikare Akoko sets to conclude Traditional Rites of Passage
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
A senior Military officer has been abducted by unknown notorious gunmen in Akoko area of Ondo state.
The officer who is a Captain in rank, was kidnapped around Auga-Akoko axis while the Army officer was travelling alone with the car.
SUNSHINETRUTH learnt authoritatively that the captain was allegedly taken to a forest at the boundary of Ondo-Edo states around Ibilo.
The abductors were said to have demanded twenty million naira as ransom.
When contacted, the Alauga of Auga Akoko, Oba Samuel Agunloye said he was not aware of the abduction but confirmed that federal roads around his domain were porous and proned to kidnapping.
Efforts to speak with DPO for Ikare Divisional Police station failed but a police officer in Ikare who didn’t want his name published confirmed that police and army team had been combing the forest around Auga-Ibilo -Akunu and Ikakumo axis to rescue the army officer.
Confirming the incident to SUNSHINETRUTH, the Spokesman of the Nigerian Army 32 Artillery Brigade, Akure, Captain Ayorinde Omojokun said security agencies had been deployed to rescue the officer.