- After days of closure, Akure Airport resumes operations today
- Why announcement of new UI VC was suspended
- #EndSars: Former LG Boss, Larry Ogunmusire donates building for temporary Okitipupa Secretariat
- TV stations' fines: NBC turning to 'Kangaroo Court' —IPC, MRA
- Constitute Boards of Ondo HMB, Primary Health Agency —Medical & Health Union tells Akeredolu
By: Ade Adetona
The Federal Road Safety Corps(FRSC), Ondo State Command has intercepted a truck conveying no fewer than 13 male Northern extract youths believing to be Almajiris from outside the state.
The young people who were packaged with goods were heading to Akure, the state capital before they were arrested at FUTA junction.
Only few days ago, the ondo state taskforce on COVID-19 arrested and returned about 20 Almajiris in Akure who came from Sokoto and Kano states.
This was contained in a statement made available to SUNSHINETRUTH by the FRSC Head of Operation Mr Olusegun Ogungbemide, and signed by the state Sector Commander, Mr Rotimi Adeleye.
Adeleye explained that the patrol team of the command who promptly responded to the clarion call of a sensitive member of the public intercepted the vehicle at FUTA South gate junction Akure on Saturday Morning.
“Today Saturday, our patrol team intercepted a truck conveying about 13 male youth from outside the state into Akure the capital of Ondo state,” he said.
According to him, The driver of the vehicle claimed to have picked the boys suspected to be of Northern extract on his way from ibadan, Oyo State.
The sector commander said that the Nigeria Police and Ondo state COVID-19 monitoring team were invited and the boys were handed over to them.
He said the Nigeria Police and state covid -19 team promised to lead them out of the state accordingly.