- After days of closure, Akure Airport resumes operations today
- Why announcement of new UI VC was suspended
- #EndSars: Former LG Boss, Larry Ogunmusire donates building for temporary Okitipupa Secretariat
- TV stations' fines: NBC turning to 'Kangaroo Court' —IPC, MRA
- Constitute Boards of Ondo HMB, Primary Health Agency —Medical & Health Union tells Akeredolu
Following suspected cases of COVID-19 being carried by a senior female officer and two others, the Ondo state police Command has ordered compulsory coronavirus test for all policemen at Yaba Police station.
SUNSHINETRUTH learnt that the police officers at the station were said to have refused to submit themselves to be tested for COVID-19 and instead opted for self treatment.
Giving the directive for the test, the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Adie Undie said all the suspected contacts should be brought to Akure for mandatory test.
Adie insisted that the step was to prevent what could lead to serious pandemic within his command.
“I have ordered them to come to Akure for test, we have to be careful and prevent what may lead to pandemic within the police command”, he added
The police boss also ordered that they should come with their relations and those they know have interacted with them in recent time.