- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
Following suspected cases of COVID-19 being carried by a senior female officer and two others, the Ondo state police Command has ordered compulsory coronavirus test for all policemen at Yaba Police station.
SUNSHINETRUTH learnt that the police officers at the station were said to have refused to submit themselves to be tested for COVID-19 and instead opted for self treatment.
Giving the directive for the test, the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Adie Undie said all the suspected contacts should be brought to Akure for mandatory test.
Adie insisted that the step was to prevent what could lead to serious pandemic within his command.
“I have ordered them to come to Akure for test, we have to be careful and prevent what may lead to pandemic within the police command”, he added
The police boss also ordered that they should come with their relations and those they know have interacted with them in recent time.