- We're set for Monday's Strike, protest —Ondo NLC
- Reps member Adeogun empowers 120 artisans in Akoko
- You are enemy of Ondo state people —Mimiko bombs Akeredolu
- Ondo 2020: People should elect Jegede calmly, peacefully —Reps member 'Expensive'
- Ondo 2020: Why my kinsman Jegede will fail again —Alasoadura
By: Ade Adetona
Nine out of ten Governorship Aspirants under the Ondo APC Unity Forum have disowned a statement credited to Dr Olusegun Abraham over the ceding of the gubernatorial ticket to Ondo north senatorial district.
In a press statement signed by the nine aspirants, they said Abraham should take full responsibility of his action and said they are not part of the alleged decision under the group headed by Alhaji Alli Olanusi.
The group is an umbrella body of the party’s chieftains who are working against the reelection of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu.
In a press statement few days ago, Abraham was quoted to have said, “all governorship Aspirants in the Unity Forum have unanimously ceded the governorship mandate to Ondo North Senatorial District in their virtual meeting held via WhatsApp group on 28th April, 2020.
“They held the virtual meeting via online WhatsApp group due to the dreaded Covid-19 pandemic. One of the governorship Aspirants who spoke to our correspondent shortly before the Aspirants released their communique said all the governorship Aspirants in the Unity Forum have finally resolved to cede the governorship mandate to Ondo North Senatorial District.
“They also agreed to jointly present a credible consensus candidate who will run against Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, who, unfortunately, has almost destroyed APC in the state,” Abraham said.
“The unprecedented mutual relationship among the aspirants made it possible for them to democratically voted to decide the senatorial district to produce the next APC governorship candidate for the October 10th, Governorship Election in Ondo State.
“They decided in favour of Ondo North after counting the votes as follows; Seven against three in favour of Ondo North Senatorial District and all the governorship Aspirants who participated in the virtual WhatsApp group meeting were happy with the outcome of the election.”
However, the nine aspirants kicked against such publication, describing it as false.
Below is the full text of the nine aspirants and jointly signed by them;
RE: ONDO POLL: GUBER ASPIRANTS IN UNITY FORUM CEDE MANDATE TO ONDO NORTH DISTRICT
We read with dismay the publication under the above caption placed in an obscure online publication and we wish to state as follow:
1. The said publication purportedly issued by one of our colleagues on behalf of the Unity Forum Aspirants was done without authourisation.
2. While it is true that there was an online discussion on possible options of concensus aspirant for the Unity Forum and the need for smooth relationship between aspirants, the Aspirants Forum did not raise, discuss or resolve on any of the grave allegations in the publication against the Unity Forum, its leadership and process during the online interaction.
3. The Aspirants Forum did not mandate any of its members to publish or make public the mutual dialogue that took place during the discussion which focused majorly on issues highlighted above and therefore could not have authourised the tissues of lies contained in the report which was deliberately published to misinform the public.
3. It flows from the above that the contents of the publication which was sponsored to purvey lies were never discussed.
4. Accordingly, the undersigned aspirants wish to dissociate ourselves from the content and intent of the publication. In the Aspirants’ Forum, we discuss issues, principles and ideas and not frivolities as represented in the publication. It is not in our character to disparage our leaders.
5. Our colleague, Pastor Segun Abraham who unilaterally issued and sponsored the said publication should take full responsibility for his idea and actions without dragging other aspirants into public opprobrium.
6. We remain commited to Ondo state that is prosperous, developed and peaceful which is the focus of the revered Unity Forum.
● Olayide Adelani
● Dapo Adelegan
● Bùkólá Adétulà
● Jumoke Anifowose
● Akin Awodeyi
● Alhaji Olanrewaju Kazeem
● Mr. Jimi Odimayo
● Chief Olúsolá Òkè, SAN
● Engr. IfeOluwa Oyedele, FNSE