- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
In order to stop further spread of deadly coronavirus pandemic, no fewer than 50 young boys and girls have been arrested in a hotel at the Isolo axis of Akure, the Ondo state capital for social gathering and for allegedly disturbing public peace.
They were also apprehended for violating government’s order on social distancing and gathering of more than twenty people.
Over 30 other fun seekers allegedly jumped the fence to evade arrest as the youths clustered themselves in the hotel against the ban on social gathering in the state.
The Senior Special Assistant to the governor on Special Duties, Dr Doyin Odebowale confirmed that their arrest followed complaints from those living around the hotel who alleged that the youths were constituting nuisance to the neighbourhood.
He said the government’s taskforce only wanted to disperse the suspects but they were resisting before they were eventually arrested while some also escaped through the fence.