- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
An Ondo state High Court sitting in Akure and presided over by Justice Olabode Adegbehingbe has declared electricity consumption billings in an unmetered building illegal, unjustifiable, arbitrary and wrongful.
The Court also ordered BEDC to immediately install a metering device at the claimant’s residence, at Bethel Estate , Oba- Ile, Akure at the paying rates approved by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission for the type of meter installed, where applicable.
It is believed that all electricity consumers in ondo state and beyond can cite this judgement against defaulting electricity distribution companies (Discos)