- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
Hearing in the the ongoing trial of the founder of Sotitobire Praising Chapel Akure, prophet Alfa babatunde over the alleged dissapearance of one year old Gold Kolawole in the church last year has been adjourned till 2nd June 2020, SUNSHINETRUTH can report.
Justice Olusegun Odusola announced the adjournment after a state government counsel, Mr Babatunde falodun informed the court of the inability of the state attorney general and Commissioner for justice, Adekola Olawoye to be present due to an urgent state assignment.
Falodun also sought an adjournment of the hearing which was not opposed by all the defence counsel, olusola oke, Olumide ogidan, akinyemi omoware and olalekan Akinrinsola.
Prophet Babatunde and six other church members are standing trial on three count charge including conspiracy to and abetting kidnap.
They were brought to the court by officials of the Nigerian Correctional Service, Olokuta Akure and made to undergo Covid 19 precautionary measures like hand washing.
Few people including just two journalists were allowed to monitor the court proceedings in view of the social distancing order of the COVID-19.
SUNSHINETRUTH reports that everybody in the court, including the Presiding judge, Olusegun Odusola wore nose masks as part of the precautionary measures.