- Breaking: FG declares Thursday public Holiday
- #EndSars protests: Police confirms killing of Two officers, one civilian in Ondo
- #EndSars protests: Ajipe's Klick Konnect partners Youths to clean up Akure
- Five ways to urgently stop rising Youths' protests in Nigeria —Akure Chief Imam
- Passengers stranded as plane crash was averted at Akure Airport
Ondo state has recorded third case of Coronavirus with the fresh case reported this evening by the Nigerian Centre for Disease control (NCDC).
SUNSHINETRUTH learnt that there is no detail of the third case as at the time of this report as no information from the ondo state government on where and how the third case of COVID-19 emerged.
On the twitter handle of NCDC, it was posted that “twenty new cases of #COVID19 have been reported inNigeria this evening as follows:
13 in Lagos
2 in Edo
2 in Kano
2 in Ogun
1 in Ondo
As at 09:50 pm 13th April there are 343 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria. 91 have been discharged with 10 deaths
No of states with confirmed cases:19.
Ondo state before now had two cases imported from Lagos and India but Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu posted on his Twitter handle that the third case is from the index case.
Also in a short post on social media, the State Commissioner for information, Donald Ojogo said, “the third positive case in Ondo is a Medical Doctor; he is a Youth Corp member attached to the Army Clinic at the Barracks and had attended to the first index case while he was under observation.
“Mr. Governor will tomorrow at noon, address the people of the State on further details in respect of this case and provide deeper insights,” Ojogo confirmed.