- Quit order to herdsmen: Ondo Workers back Akeredolu
- Ondo Lawmaker may be in trouble at Nigerian Law School
- CONYSA, OYC, Ondo, Akoko youths blast Presidency, laud Akeredolu
- Why Buhari's Presidency backs 'devilish' herders against Akeredolu —Ondo PDP official
- Our quit order on unregistered Herders sacrosanct —Ondo Govt tells Presidency
Report reaching SUNSHINETRUTH indicates that Ondo state has recorded second suspected positive case of Coronavirus.
The second case of COVID-19 was allegedly discovered at Ijoka area of Akure today.
Confirming this to our reporter, a medical officer who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the patient had been transferred to the state Infectious Disease Hospital, along Igbatoro road, Akure.
“Pls people lets be careful and take every precautionary step, a second case of COVID-19 has been reported in Akure and I got an information that the person has been admitted at the infectious disease centre along igbatoro road.”
The state Commissioner for health, Dr Wahaab Adegbenro told SUNSHINETRUTH that, “Yes, I can confirm that the person was discovered in Akure here and has been on admission since yesterday (Thursday).
“The patient has been transferred to the state Infectious Disease Hospital, along Igbatoro road, Akure, and is responding to treatment,” the commissioner said.
The state Epidemiologist, Dr Stephen Fagbemi also confirmed the second case.