- Ondo 2020: We'll use our votes to appreciate Akeredolu —Persons with disabilities
- Why I fell out with Akeredolu —Ondo Dep Gov
- Poor defence will undo Chelsea this season —former S'Eagles star
- "Mimiko vs Akeredolu: PDP crying more than the bereaved"
- Ondo 2020: 'My Choice group' drums support for Aketi, empowers members with N5m
Report reaching SUNSHINETRUTH indicates that Ondo state has recorded second suspected positive case of Coronavirus.
The second case of COVID-19 was allegedly discovered at Ijoka area of Akure today.
Confirming this to our reporter, a medical officer who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the patient had been transferred to the state Infectious Disease Hospital, along Igbatoro road, Akure.
“Pls people lets be careful and take every precautionary step, a second case of COVID-19 has been reported in Akure and I got an information that the person has been admitted at the infectious disease centre along igbatoro road.”
The state Commissioner for health, Dr Wahaab Adegbenro told SUNSHINETRUTH that, “Yes, I can confirm that the person was discovered in Akure here and has been on admission since yesterday (Thursday).
“The patient has been transferred to the state Infectious Disease Hospital, along Igbatoro road, Akure, and is responding to treatment,” the commissioner said.
The state Epidemiologist, Dr Stephen Fagbemi also confirmed the second case.