- Breaking: FG declares Thursday public Holiday
- #EndSars protests: Police confirms killing of Two officers, one civilian in Ondo
- #EndSars protests: Ajipe's Klick Konnect partners Youths to clean up Akure
- Five ways to urgently stop rising Youths' protests in Nigeria —Akure Chief Imam
- Passengers stranded as plane crash was averted at Akure Airport
ONDO INDEX CASE A MILITARY OFFICER – AKEREDOLU
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu twitted further on the index case in the state.
“Ondo State #COVIDー19 Index Case Update: The index case is a military officer who was a returnee from India. He has been in isolation since he returned and has been monitored by the medical team of the Military and our state team throughout this period.
Upon showing some symptoms, his samples were taken and the diagnosis confirmed by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control at their lab in Ede. We have now commenced the transfer of the officer to the state isolation center.”
RE: INDEX CASE IN ONDO: DON’T PANIC, SUSPECT ISOLATED HIMSELF VOLUNTARILY
Government considers it necessary to allay the fears of the people that the confirmed index case, an Army officer had voluntarily isolated himself as soon as he arrived the country from India over a week ago.
During this period of self isolation, he was monitored by the State Inter-Ministerial Committee in collaboration with the NCDC. Necessary tests were carried out and result is what we have today.
However, we appeal to all and sundry not to panic as both the NCDC and the State Inter-ministerial Committee have jointly commenced efforts to effect needful protocols in line with COVID-19.
Hon. Commissioner for Information and Orientation