- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
As reactions continue to trail explosion that rocked Eleyowo/Iluabo axis of Akure/Owo expressway, a Prominent Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo state, Engr Ifeoluwa Oyedele has expressed the hope that the cause of the blast will be thoroughly investigated by relevant agencies of government and make their reports public.
This according to Oyedele, will help government and security agencies to prevent future recurrence in the state and other parts of the country.
The APC Chieftain who is also the Executive Director of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC), gave the advice in a Press Statement signed by his Media Officer, and made available to newsmen in Akure, the state capital.
Oyedele sympathized with victims of the explosion that rocked Eleyowo on the Ilesha/Akure/owo expressway.
The Executive Director also expressed optimism that government would assist victims of the blast with appropriate financial support.
“He (Oyedele) said it was unfortunate that the incident occurred at this time of global emergency over the coronavirus scourge that is ravaging the world.
The statement pleads with residents
to government directives so that the blast site and its environment can be restore and made safe for all.