- Oshiomhole speaks on Akeredolu, Ondo Guber Election
- Ondo SDP gets new Exco, as Falae's Faction suspends Agunloye
- Ondo, Edo Polls: Submit your Membership Registers for Primaries —INEC tells APC, PDP, others
- COVID-19: Ondo records unprecedented number of deaths —Akeredolu
- Ondo, Edo Polls: Real outcomes of APC governors' Consultation with Tinubu Revealed
It was another day of sorrow in Akoko northeast local government area when a nightguard, identified as Jimoh Teloye aka ‘Yerepe’ was on Monday found dead inside a popular Osele market by residents of Ikare Akoko area of Ondo state in mysterious circumstances.
SUNSHINETRUTH gathered that his body was found at the commercial nerve centre, behind the central mosque, popularly called ‘Lagos line’ in Ikare.
It was learnt that the man,75, it was learnt served as the night guard engaged by some shop owners around the place over the years.
The deceased hands were reportedly tied while they forced cloth into his mouth and tied him before he died.
After his death, it was learnt the burglars broke the shops with a big hammer and other weapons to have access to the shops.
Sympathisers who stormed the scene of the incident, described late Yerepe, an indigene of Ikare as a devout Muslim and easy-going man during his lifetime.
The Ikare Police Area Commander, Assistant Commissioner of Police(ACP) Razak Rauf confirmed the incident saying investigation was on to unravel those behind the dastardly act.
The corpse of the night guard had been deposited at the state Specialist Hospital, Ikare Akoko.