- FG sets to refund Ondo N7.8Billion for executed Projects
- Purported Suspension of Agunloye is Strange, illegal —SDP NWC
- Why we want to go on Strike —Doctors tell Ondo Govt
- 1yr in Office: My People'll continue to get Dividends of Democracy —Owo Lawmaker, Hon Ogunmolasuyi-West
- ZLP Lawmaker, Hon Akinribido: ONE YEAR OF PURPOSEFUL, COMPASSIONATE & VIBRANT REPRESENTATION
The Appeal Court on Wednesday sacked the senate Spokesman, Senator Dayo Adeyeye of the APC and upheld the tribunal victory of Senator Abiodun Olujimi of the People’s Democratic Party as the valid winner of the Ekiti South Senatorial District Feb 23, 2019 election.
The court in a unanimous decision ordered inec to immediately issue a fresh certificate of return to senator olujimi as the duely Elected Senator Representing Ekiti South senatorial district..
Delivering the judgement, Justice Uzor Amaka Anyawu resolved all the issues formulated for determination against the appellant and held that it has no reason to upturn the findings of the lower tribunal…
Justice Anyawu held that the court found the evidence of a petitioner witness chief Bunmi olugbade very credible and reliable upon which the tribunal based its findings during the hearing of the matter.
The court said since it was on record that all parties involved in the case were present during the recounting of ballot boxes used for the senatorial election where it was discovered that the PDP candidate won the appellate court have no reason than to upheld the lower court verdict..
Justice Anyawu who is the presiding Judge Ado Ekiti division of the court of
appeal observed that the senator olujimi had proved her case beyond reasonable doubt and struck out the appeal filed by senator Dayo adeyeye for lack of merit .