- 2020 Gov Polls: Adojutelegan's Ambition receives boost in Ondo North
- 2020 Guber race: I'll return Free Education, Healthcare to Ondo if..... —Kekemeke
- Ondo 2020: Why I'm sure of securing Reelection under APC —Akeredolu
- Ondo Speaker, Oleyelogun leads first Church service in Two months
- Our Chairman, Faboyede didn't collect Money from Akeredolu's Govt —Ondo PDP
By: Ade Adeleke
Some Fulani herdsmen and local hunters have arrested a suspected kidnapper, identified as Jimoh Imoru, inside a forest at Ajowa Akoko in Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State.
Only last week, Four suspected kidnappers, who abducted an Islamic cleric, Alhaji Jamiu Zakariyahu, were arrested in the same forest by soldiers, Fulani Herdsmen and local hunters.
This bring to five number of kidnappers local hunters and Fulani herdsmen had helped in apprehending in Akoko area.
People often accused herdsmen of perpetrating the crimes in the area until they formed vigilante groups to assist security operatives to fish out criminals Using the name of herdsmen to cause problems.
The latest suspect, Umoru, a kwara indigene, was said to be a member of the same kidnap gang that abducted the Muslim cleric but escaped after four members of his group had been nabbed.
SUNSHINETRUTH gathered that soldiers led by one captain Emmanuel and the DSS officers took the suspect Umoru to where he kept his weapons in the forest.
Reacting, a traditional ruler at Ajowa Akoko, Oba Micheal Ipimoroti, who confirmed the incident, commended the security agents, local hunters and Fulani herdsmen for their collaboration in curbing kidnapping and other crimes in the area.